Linkage dependencies

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Dec 6 14:27:07 GMT 2000

More mail coming...

"Mayers, Philip J" wrote:

> IIRC, Win2K LDAP replication is a proprietary
> multi-master protocol

LDAP replication is not standardized anyways.  Everyone
uses a proprietary format.

> Samba isn't a database replication tool, and shouldn't have
> to be (IMHO).

Correct.  SAM replication is only needed to interoperate
with NT DC's

> I wasn't proposing moving user-level restrictions out
> of passdb (although how they tie in with PAM-level
> restrictions is an interesting point) - I was asking

I thought we already had a general consensus that PAM
was not flexible enough for our needs.  Are we revisiting this
now?

> where the appropriate place to *apply* the restrictions was.

Authorization.  This is the difference between the auth
and account control flags in PAM right?

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org