Virtual servers

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tue Dec 5 08:32:56 GMT 2000

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Kevin Long wrote:

> Hello, I need to modify an existing box to appear to be 3 SAMBA servers,
> each on it's own NIC. The various reference materials I've checked into
> state that I should be able to include a config thus:
>
> include = /etc/smb.conf.%L
>
> but this fails during testparm with:
>
> Load smb config files from /etc/smb.conf
> Can't find include file /etc/.smb.conf

It's strange, head resolves correctly, what version of samba are you
using?

> and it appears to skip the %L reference entirely. In addition, though these
> units will all be in the same workgroup, I wanted to specify different PDC's
> as auth servers for each one, so the access can vary depending on which name
> you hit.

You may not have more than one PDC per workgroup/domain!!

> Finally, testparm also fails if I include global and share parameters in the
> included files (which work if I specify their name completely), complaining
> that there is global definitions in the service section. Do I just need to
> run several separate smbd and nmbd daemons instead?

Yes, anyway, as any smbd need to bind a separate interface

> p.s. it would help if the "official" SAMBA doc based on the ORA book had
> working examples, but it doesn't.
>
> ~ Kevin Long ~
> ~ Networked systems Manager ~
> ~ Engineering Department ~

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451