iRMX

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Fri Dec 1 21:11:52 GMT 2000

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Gerald Carter wrote:

> > Is this product actually based on Samba or simply called "Samba"?
> > If it is based on Samba, their distribution/licensing model would
> > seem to be in fairly obvious conflict with the GPL.  Is someone
> > on the Samba Team in contact with them and/or aware of this?

> Yes.  Andrew and Jeremy are following up on this off line with
> their technical contacts.

There's a free demo download available on their website.  If this is based on
Samba, it currently bears little resemblance to our code. :)  It looks as
though their config file is intended to look similar to the one used by Samba,
but other than that and the fact that both speak SMB, it looks to be quite a
different creature.

Then again, maybe if I had a set of binutils that understood these files..? :)

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer