smbmout using ssh forwarding

Nadeem Hasan nhasan at nadmm.com
Fri Dec 1 18:40:54 GMT 2000

Hi Anders,

Correct me if I am wrong here. Are you suggesting samba with ssl
support? If yes, then I don't think that is an issue. I am
trying to tunnel SMB traffic through ssh port forwarding.
All the encryption/decryption is handled by SSH client/server.
It should be transparent to samba itself.

BTW, I forgot to mention something. When I used smbclient with
-L option, it worked and showed me all the shares.

remote:~ # smbclient -L localhost -p 8004 -Uuserxx
added interface ip=xx.xx.xx.xx bcast=xx.xx.xx.xx nmask=255.255.255.248
Password:
Domain=[WGRP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.0.6]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        docroot        Disk      docroot
	and so on....

Cheers,