Problems with Samba 2.07 on Solaris 2.7

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Fri Dec 1 13:13:56 GMT 2000

Chris Vail wrote:
| I'm trying to install Samba 2.07 on a Sun Ultra 10 running
| Solaris 2.7, with the gcc 2.8.1 C compiler.
|  --with-smbwrapper
|  The initial command "configure --with-smbwrapper" runs
|  fine.  But the make command errors with:
| Compiling smbwrapper/wrapped.c with -fpic
|   smbwrapper/wrapped.c:466: conflicting types for `utimes'
|   /usr/include/sys/time.h:327: previous declaration of `utimes'

	Darn: I posted a patch for that back in August
	and it still isn't in 2.2.0...

	It may have broken some other OS... anyone know
	if
http://samba.org/cgi-bin/samba-patches/incoming?id=155;expression=davecb;user=guest#themesg
	has been tried on non-solaris systems?

--dave (currently testing on Solaris 9) c-b
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com