Help request

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Fri Dec 1 08:40:29 GMT 2000

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Gerald Carter wrote:

> [moved to samba-technical.  Copied to samba at samba,org]
>
> George Rohrbacher wrote:
> >
> > 1ºst. Is there any problem in modifying SQL to save
> > the passwords into a MySQL already operational?
>
> Not sure what you mean here so I'll guess.  If you are
> asking whether or not you can get Samba to use existing
> passwords in a mySPL database, the answer would be that Samba
> can either use encrypted password from smbpasswd or
> clear text authentication against the result of getpwnam().
>
> If you are asking about storing smbpasswd entries in a
> mySPL database, then no that has not been implemented.
> Although I remember someone working on it once.
> Simo, was that you?

Yes, back in time I started a mysql passdb backend agains samba 2.0.7, but
time constraints blocked the project as I preferred to implement TDB backend.
If there's a real interest I may take it back on my todo list, but I'm a
bit busy with my real work just now.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451