swat output format [was Re: Printing from windows to samba]

Ron Alexander rcalex at home.com
Wed Aug 30 11:41:10 GMT 2000

I like the sound of that.

Ron Alexander

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-technical-admin at us4.samba.org
[mailto:samba-technical-admin at us4.samba.org]On Behalf Of Peter Samuelson
Sent: August 30, 2000 4:06 AM
To: samba-technical at samba.org
Subject: Q: swat output format [was Re: Printing from windows to samba]

[jason <jason at welsh.dynip.com> on the samba@ list]
> Here is my smb.conf file,
>
> # Samba config file created using SWAT
>   # from bush (10.1.1.10)
>   # Date: 2000/08/27 10:32:20
>
>   # Global parameters
>   [global]

[...then 254 more lines of smb.conf, with many blank parameters...]

Samba Team: would it be reasonable to have SWAT only write non-default
values to smb.conf?  A diff against `testparm -s /dev/null`, if you
will.

This would increase the readability of the resulting smb.conf greatly,
especially for people trying to troubleshoot it who didn't write it.
Primarily, of course, I'm thinking of list requests on samba at ....

Would a patch to this effect be interesting to anyone?  I might have
time to write one, but only if others are interested -- I wouldn't use
the patch myself, as I don't use SWAT.

Peter