Failed to set gid privileges

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Wed Aug 30 11:31:29 GMT 2000

Peter Samuelson wrote:
> The linker shouldn't need to get involved.  It's not like we have an
> unresolved symbol here: it's an unresolved *syscall*, which libc should
> be able to handle if there's a good way to emulate it.  Without loading
> up an emergency shim library, though I suppose that could work too....

	Ah: I was fooled by the Slolaris (and Mutlicks) implementation,
	where the system calls are nominally part of the standard
	library. If the call doesn't exist, the linker can tell.
	And some calls have significant chunks of work which gets
	done in user space before trapping off into the kernel.

> Actually I think it will get ENOSYS, "Function not implemented".
> Either way, I agree that Samba should report it via strerror().

	Cool!

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com