VFS write not being called (was: VFS imlpementation and caching?)

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Aug 25 20:40:51 GMT 2000

Brad Sahr wrote:

> The following seems to work. The loop was lifted
> directly from util_sock.c. Jeremy, will you update
> fileio.c and let me know when it is updated? If
> not, could you give me some guidance on doing so?
> I believe there is going to be more changes needed
> to fully support the VFS feature (preview: unlink
> is not getting called within the VFS).

Actually, I just committed a different fix (sorry).
In smbd/vfs.c there already exists vfs_write_data()
which takes a fsp rather than an fd and then does
the correct thing. So the fix was to change the write_data()
call to vfs_write_data().

I agree I think there are a few more vfs bugs to find,
but this one was pretty bad :-).

Fixed now in HEAD. Thanks for the help,

	Jeremy.