dce/rpc "client" api

jeremy at valinux.com jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Aug 25 06:10:32 GMT 2000

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 03:26:10PM +1000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > Luke, I expect you to apologise for this.
>
> for losing my temper and swearing at you?  yes.

Thanks. Apology accepted.

> > That was uncalled for and is untrue.
>
> ah!!! excellent!!!
>
> then i take it that you will stop removing and disrupting coding
> developments that i build component-by-component until such time as they
> are finally used, yes?

I will *never* touch things (and have never touched
things) in TNG. Once they are finished, then Andrew and
I are very happy to move them back into HEAD. Now when
we do this, we may change them to fit into the way that
HEAD does things, but we do this with *every* patch, wherever
it comes from. It's part of the paranoia needed to maintain
quality in a project as complex and as widely used as Samba
is. It isn't anything personal against you or your code,
we check *everything*.

But we don't move half completed components into HEAD,
only code that actually has purpose and use.

Jeremy.