dce/rpc "client" api

Andrew Tridgell tridge at linuxcare.com
Fri Aug 25 06:03:27 GMT 2000

Luke,

I'd also like to point out that a fork like this has (historically)
often been a very good thing. The classic example is apache, which was
derived from the NCSA httpd, but there are lots of other examples (the
wu-ftpd derivatives come to mind).

I think that while a fork like what I'm proposing has come out of a
disagreement there is a very good chance that it will be a very good
thing for both users and developers. It gives you the opportunity to
do things exactly as you want to do them without having to compromise
because you have to fit in with how we run the Samba project.

Rather too much of a stigma is attached to the idea of forking a
project. With a bit of an effort I think you will find that it is
quite a liberating thing and I certainly hope that things go well for
you.

Cheers, Tridge