different share for different workgroup - Howto??

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Thu Aug 24 13:25:30 GMT 2000

Bernard Dugas wrote:
> I was thinking about that, and it may be the best idea for me if this is
> not too demanding for the computer as it will run many processes.

	It's cost is
	1 smbd and one nmbd per physical interface
	1 nmbd if you're doing DNS, and
	1 smbd per user, independant of interfaces.

	So think of it as 2-3 extra processes per interface,
	both of which are low-load.

> How do you think I could propose this suggestion to the samba team ?
> I don't think any MS stuff is able to share a physical server between
> multiple workgroups...

	Which might make a good reason for us to support it (;-))

	How about it (oh overworked Samba Team), does having
	virtual workgroups sound like a worthwhile and easy
	addition?

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com