dce/rpc "client" api

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Aug 24 06:31:03 GMT 2000

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> > yes, of course.  however, it seems that you have both missed the point of
> > the "logical extreme" i am describing.
> >
> > on the basis the argument that jeremy is applying to justify that
> > NET_USER_INFO_3 should be removed, surely the presence of, and the code
> > that manages, user_struct should _also_ be removed?
>
> that's an "illogical extreme" :)

yep!!!!! :)

> the vuid is a token that allows access to a user_struct, much like a
> cnum gives access to a connection structure. If you deleted the
> user_struct management code then the vuid would be useless.

yep!!!!

> or maybe logic doesn't work quite the same way in my cubical as yours :)

[well, according to ... never mind, you _already_ know that my logic
manipulation skills are an order of magnitude slower than anyone else's: i
make up for it with this nebulous skill called intuition...]

so, there _is_ a justification for keeping a user_struct, right, i.e. it's
required to fulfil certain purposes.

so, if there is a purpose for adding NET_USER_INFO_3 to user_struct, why
am i getting back-lash from jeremy telling me that it's not justified?