dce/rpc "client" api

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Aug 24 06:01:41 GMT 2000

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> > so, taking this to its logical extreme, we should remove user_struct and
> > just pass around the VUID?
>
> yes, we should pass around the vuid.
>
> have you noticed that in head there are about 40 functions that take a
> vuid argument, but there are just two that takes a user_struct
> argument?

yes, of course.  however, it seems that you have both missed the point of
the "logical extreme" i am describing.

on the basis the argument that jeremy is applying to justify that
NET_USER_INFO_3 should be removed, surely the presence of, and the code
that manages, user_struct should _also_ be removed?