[Evolution-hackers] RE: encryption of MAPI

Tony Hoyle tmh at magenta-logic.com
Wed Aug 23 16:11:40 GMT 2000

Martin Kuhne wrote:
> Did you ever wonder what these people may think when you ask them for
> cooperation (i.e. disclosure of RPC protocols)?

They would say 'Please pay $x,xxx,xxx and sign this NDA, thank you.'

I could almost guarantee that if they could find grounds for prosecuting
people for
reverse engineering their protocols they would (luckily in many
countries it is not
illegal).

Remember, for companies like Microsoft, their 'intellectual property' is
part of the
equation of the worth of the entire company.

Tony