encryption of MAPI

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Aug 23 15:40:09 GMT 2000

James Sutherland wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Martin Kuhne wrote:
>
> > Your willingness to assume the worst motives without
> > ever asking for the real reason seems to be a common symptom.
> > Did you ever wonder what these people may think when
> > you ask them for cooperation (i.e. disclosure of RPC protocols)?

Martin,

What would be beneficial to us (Samba) and you (MS) is if
MS made the IDL files for the various RPC systems available.
It would result in a more robust and stable dce/rpc environment
with regards to interoperability.

If you could make these available under a non restrictive
license (from our perspective) this would be wonderful.
So I guess this would be another request for cooperation. :-)

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org
       http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~cartegw