dce/rpc "client" api

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Wed Aug 23 13:53:49 GMT 2000

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 06:00:46PM +1000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
[...]
> however, i do realise that it is not entirely suitable to use in
> se_access_check(), which leaves a minor inconvenience of converting
> USER_INFO_3 to whatever format you and others have selected as suitable -
> without any public discussion, i might add - for se_access_check.

Jeremy and me wrote some short mails about that, I intended
to write a USER_3_to_NT_USER_TOKEN (NT_USER_TOKEN is the
name of the struct in HEAD) for TNG... But as people might
have seen from CVS, I haven't gotten around to it. (For
several reasons, including this hole lot of mail)

NT_USER_TOKEN simply consists of a count and list of SIDs.
By "definition", the first SID is the user-SID and the
second SID is the group-SID.
(I suggest, this "definition" be documented in comments in
smb.h in HEAD.)

It might realy be of interest to check both (HEAD and TNG)
implementations against each other, as Andrew suggests.

    Elrond