2.0.7: inherit permissions = yes breaks setting read-only on files

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Aug 23 11:26:43 GMT 2000

"Cole, Timothy D." wrote:
[]
> > int dos_mkdir(char *dname,mode_t mode)
> > {
> >   int ret = mkdir(dos_to_unix(dname,False),mode);
[]
>         I believe non-constant initializers are a GNU C extension.

No, their are not.  It is standard C from time of K&R.
_Static_ non-constant initializers are gcc extensions, the same
is for local arrays, yes, but not with this case.

BTW, I don't know why this thing does not compiles at Robart's
machine.  Seemed to be he's compiler is just broken, since
code is correct if you remove #ifdef/#endif pair -- only ones
that should not be seen by compiler itself (only to preprocessor).
But these are _so_ unimportant things...
The main question is -- how to write autoconf stuff and commit this to samba.
For that I don't know answers.

Regards,
 Michael.