dce/rpc "client" api

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Aug 23 01:53:51 GMT 2000

Sander Striker wrote:

> I'm just a little worried that the way things
> sound (probably because the lack of time when
> answering/writing email) tick more people of
> than just me. I think it is really a waste of
> time for you or other authorative members to
> be annoyed by the little things (I'm referring
> to a macro issue not so long ago).

Sander,

Because I work with Jeremy (literally), I can probably
be more sympathetic to his statement.  This thread has
been fairly in depth (at points) and has taken an extreme
amount of time for me to keep up with and respond to.

I felt this was important enough to do given recent
events.  That's my call.  The problem is when discussions
arise over the same issue when the logic and previous
comments are still valid.

So while the quietness of certain developers may
appear to casual list readers as disinterest, it
is really a desire to avoid having to repeat
themselves in a argument over things that have
already been decided (in previous open discussions).

I have always found Luke, Jeremy, Andrew, Tim, JF
and others extremely responsive to relevant questions
regarding things like designs, bugs, etc...

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org
       http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~cartegw