samba-technical digest, Vol 1 #68 - 6 msgs

David Allan Finch David.Allan at Finch.org
Mon Aug 21 22:00:27 GMT 2000

Mike Travis/PSW/USDAFS wrote:
> As a Cal grad, I can't let that slip by.  Stanford (in Palo Alto) is != UC
> Berkeley,
> which is in Berkeley (the "B" in  "BSD").

Ooops, I think I got that wrong. I can look the
real lineage if people are really intrested.
Sun did start at Stanford. The guys that
started Sun where developing on BSD Unix
and did develop ONC for Sun Unix which
was a BSD devived Unix.

--
   /     The whole history of this invention has been a struggle
/\|/\    against time - Charles Babbage 1837 on the Analytical Engine
\___/    david.allan at finch.org - http://www.ironfort.com