dce/rpc "client" api

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Mon Aug 21 17:04:33 GMT 2000

	Ah, and there's the problem.  What happens when other applications
wish to use DCE/RPC over SMB?  How do they avoid conflicting with Samba, if
they can't work with it?

	This is not really an issue of turning Samba into a full-fledged
DCE/RPC system, it's an issue of "future-proofing", so we don't end up
screwing other people up (and vice versa) when someone else implements one.
We need to be able to, at minimum, easily defer to other implementations.

	And actually, looking at my mailbox, I think Elrond just said more
or less the same thing (making some other good points besides).  I'll defer
to him, since he knows much more what he's talking about. :)