dce/rpc "client" api

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri Aug 18 04:20:57 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > Luke will have to answer why you would want the
> > possibilities of multiple transports (other than
> > because of the spec).
>
> exchange client/server.

gotcha.

> ncacn_np://server/pipe/netlogon
>
> connects using SMB to server on SMB-IPC$-DCE/RPC pipe NETLOGON.

Just to jog everyone's memory (and for the record),

	ncacn_np => Network Computing Architecture
		    Context Name: Named Pipe

I think this stuff is doumented in the MSDN somewhere
(correct Luke?)  Also, it might help to review the thread

	"DCE/RPC over SMB - nt login, code walk-through"

in the samba-technical archives from Feb of this year.

> > struct cli_connection
> > {
> >         char *srv_name;
> >         char *pipe_name;
> >         struct user_creds usr_creds;
>

> >         int type;
>
> removed.

Good.

> >         union
> >         {
> >                 struct ncacn_np *smb;
> >                 struct msrpc_local *local;
> >         }
> >         msrpc;
>
> becomes a void* conn_info and add cli_connect_fns *con_fns.

Wonderful.  While I'm not fond of void*, I never did
snuggle up with this union above.

> >         cli_auth_fns *auth;
> >         void *auth_info;
> >         void *auth_creds;