samba development

Sander Striker s.striker at striker.nl
Wed Aug 16 07:44:53 GMT 2000

Luke, everyone,

I consider this announcement a very big loss. I haven't been around
long when it comes to Samba, but I know what achievements have been
made that can be lead back to Luke.
What made me worry over the last period has come true; conflicts
among team members lead to demotivation of certain team members, Luke
included.
The appreciation becomes less and less and the attitude towards eachother
seems to be becoming more and more corporate. Good discussions are sometimes
killed by pulling rank; or pulling rank on a branch.
My personal view is that this is not the road to take. I like the samba
project and the idea of interopability with windows.

Luke, I wish you the very best and encourage you to show up on the mailing
lists once in a while. I guess we'll be seeing you around. What I have come
to know is that you don't go unnoticed when working on a project :-).

Sander