Possible error in example smb.conf

Ron Alexander rcalex at home.com
Tue Aug 15 23:18:20 GMT 2000

I believe there is an error in the example below. The comments say 'read
only' but the 'writable = yes' would appear to be contrary.

If I am wrong, can someone point out the error of my ways.

If I am correct, could someone who knows how to submit a correction do so,
or tell me how to do it, or how to learn to do it. I am not a Unix person,
so I don't understand or don't have access to the tools mentioned in the
instructions I have read.

This is from the packaging/RedHat dir.

# A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people in
# the "staff" group
;[public]
;   comment = Public Stuff
;   path = /home/samba