funky LsaQueryInfo change

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Mon Aug 14 19:20:08 GMT 2000

Just to put things back in perspective, this actually started out as a
question about a bug in SAMBA_2_0 and probably HEAD.

Namely, 2.0.7 only returns an SID and workgroup iff lp_domain_logons() is
set, else it returns a null SID and null workgroup.  This results in, among
other things, a server in a domain member role returning a null SID and null
workgroup.  That's plainly not what NT does.

I'd personally like to see it fixed and a 2.0.7a rolled out.  It's a very
visible bug, after all -- most NT IS folks tend to react with "ewww... get
that broken thing out of our network before it messes something up..." to
that kind of thing.  Really bad PR, at minimum.  I imagine there are some
other minor bug fixes floating about that could be rolled in too.

Anyway, I'm just trying to determine exactly what the conditions need to be
changed to in SAMBA_2_0 to give correct behavior; I'm less concerned with
HEAD/TNG roles...  unless I'm mistaken, and we've got roles in SAMBA_2_0.