funky LsaQueryInfo change

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Aug 14 17:09:47 GMT 2000

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Cole, Timothy D. wrote:

> Hrm ... okay, so null SID & null workgroup should be returned iff ( security
> = share or security = user ) ?

no.  i'm not entirely certain as to exactly what the problem is with
people's understanding of this issue, so i'm not going to cut/paste this
code, and let it speak for itself.

... can anyone spot the bug, by the way?

static void set_server_role(void)
{
	server_role = ROLE_STANDALONE;

	switch (lp_security())
	{
		case SEC_SHARE:
		{
			if (lp_domain_logons())
			{
				DEBUG(0,
				      ("Server's Role (logon server) conflicts with share-level security\n"));
			}
			break;
		}
		case SEC_SERVER:
		case SEC_DOMAIN:
		{
			if (lp_domain_logons())
			{
				server_role = ROLE_DOMAIN_BDC;
				break;
			}
			server_role = ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER;
			break;
		}
		case SEC_USER:
		{
			if (lp_domain_logons())
			{
				server_role = ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC;
				break;
			}
			break;
		}
		default:
		{
			DEBUG(0,
			      ("Server's Role undefined due to unknown security mode\n"));
		}
	}
}

ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals