[Fwd: samba runaway processes]

Jie J Zhang jiez at metosrv2.umd.edu
Fri Aug 11 19:00:50 GMT 2000

Yep, I've experienced the same thing.  We had samba running on a local dir
and accessing local files with no prob.  Second we moved it to another
machine access samba and its shared dirs thru NFS, it did wierd
things.  Particularly in the fact that users spawned millions of
processes.  Generally we get 20 samba processes running, with this NFS
problem, we would have over 100.  Also it seems samba won't compile over
NFS, not sure if this is a samba problem or something.  It locks at 'Check
for fcntl...'

jz