sorry you confused me

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Wed Aug 9 21:46:43 GMT 2000

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Chris Bailey wrote:

> I am sorry that I posted a question to your particular list and it
> happens to be the wrong one. there seems to be alot of confusion about
> where to post the questions to and few suggestions that seem to be
> correct. I would like to post my question to the right list but it does

The suggestions on where to go are correct. But do due to maintenance work
it seems like people find the wrong things first. Everything is there, but
it is not obvious.

IMHO, the first thing one should read on http://lists.samba.org/ is how to
subscribe to samba at samba.org and what that list is about.

Maybe a link pointing to:
    http://lists.samba.org/cgi-bin/weblist?list=SAMBA;newuser=1

or:
subscribe to the samba list send an email like this:

       To: listproc at samba.org
       Subject: subscribe

       subscribe SAMBA YOUR NAME

You should receive a email reply giving you your password a few minutes
later.

> not seem to exist where ti is suposed to be. I have been steered toward
> the samba at samba.org list via http://lists.samba.org but all I find is:
>
> Netfilter discussions
> Samba CVS messages
> Discussions about the Samba IDL Compiler
>
> and
>
> Discussions on Samba internals   with   samba-technical   as a list name

Those are lists no longer hosted on that machine. If you go down to the
subscribing section it gives you a short note on how to subscribe to the
lists that haven't moved, including the samba list. Unfortunately it
doesn't list what choices you have, which may be confusing.

/Urban