newbie question

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Tue Aug 8 21:48:22 GMT 2000

>  i had a newbie question..
>
>  i would like to backup my pc data on a exabyte tape drive which is
hanging
> off
>  the scsi port of my redhat 6.1 linux box. all my machines are on a local
> ethernet/hub
>  setup. i know of people using samba to get access to a unix disk from a
pc
> but not
>  the other way round (which is what i'm looking for). is this doable?
>
>  if this is not the right forum for asking this question i apologise.
>
> appreciate your insight. Simon Butler

This IS the wrong forum. Please ask such questions to samba at samba.org .
Please tell us how you did discover samba-technical (did a website point
to this ?)

Anyway. The programms you are looking for is smbclient and smbtar. There
are man-pages and html documentation for those in the samba package.

regards,
   Michael