Cannot Join Domain samba

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Fri Aug 4 11:30:04 GMT 2000

[Rui Andrada <shingo at infosites.com.br>]
> I can't get w2k on my domain by any means!

No, you can't.  This is a VERY frequently asked question.  Samba's PDC
support is not supported, and is known to be broken with Windows 2000.

You will need to either 1) not "upgrade" to Windows 2000, 2) switch to
a Microsoft product for your server, or 3) try experimental Samba
versions that do what you want.  Option 3) is really only recommended
for people on the samba-ntdom mailing list, which is why I shouldn't
have to tell you where to find it (you'll already know).

Peter