help with afs

Sameer Ahmad Afsar safsar at knox.edu
Tue Aug 1 15:48:11 GMT 2000

I am a newbie when it comes to samba.  My organization wants an enterprise file system.  We currently have AFS.  However, there are many different platforms of machines.  I would like to use samba with afs and have a legitimate enterprise file system.  I have configured samba with afs (./configure --with -afs).  However, i don't know how to set it up to use the afs files and how to get tokens for validation.  For example, i should not be able to access afs files without supplying my afs username and password which gives me a token.  I have read all the documentation that i can find about samba and the mailing lists, and can't find anything regarding how to configure samba to use afs.  Can someone please help me?

sameer