different share for different workgroup - Howto??

Frank Rust frust at iti.cs.tu-bs.de
Tue Aug 1 08:00:57 GMT 2000

Hi,

As far as I found in the documentation it seems to be impossible to
find out which workgruop a particular user belongs to ??

Problem:
I would like to share some directories to different workgroups; where
i.e. /home/aaa is shared only to workgroup A and /home/bbb is only
     shared to workgroup B and /home/free is shared to all workgroups.
     My samba server might be in workgroup C.

     I don't want to do a username to workgroup mapping since there
     are several 100 users working.

This should run in an NT based network.

Thanks in advance, Frank

--