samba printing troubles

Denis A Ustimenko denis at oldham.ru
Sat Apr 29 03:48:55 GMT 2000

Hello!

Since samba 2.0.6 here is printing bug and in 2.0.7 I saw it again. When print
to samba printer from
Lotus Notes (for Windows 9x/NT) no document will be printed. At the same time
file named "-" appears in the /tmp directory. That file contains my print job, I
checkd.
There no wonder that it cann't be printed because of its name. Please help me I
have a lot of Notes users!
Here is my configuration:
Samba server is Solaris_x86 2.6 ( on Solaris_x86 7 I've tested too).
smb.conf:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from fw-iif.oldham.ru (192.168.1.2)
# Date: 2000/04/27 12:21:05

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = OLDHAM
        netbios name = DENIS
        security = SHARE
        wins server = ls

[hplj4500c]
        path = /tmp
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        printer name = cl

I've tryed to print from Win95/NT4 Lotus Notes 4.6.2 (russian) & 4.6.7 (english)

Regards
Denis A Ustimenko