WINS support

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri Apr 28 13:54:18 GMT 2000

Kevin Rowland wrote:

> Has anyone tried or thought about making nmbd
> support a 'round-robin' type of NetBIOS name resolution
> analogous to what is available in BIND
> v8? I've got a project that would make this VERY handy...

How would you propose handling name registration?  Anyways...
I could see where if you had several WINS servers that used
some type of synchronization/replication protocol this would
work, but not if you just had multiple, separate WINS servers.
I'm guessing you meant the former situation.

jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com    VA Linux Systems  gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org      SAMBA Team            jerry at samba.org
       http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~cartegw