Samba connectivity- partial only

Cappellini, Tony Tony_Cappellini at MAXTOR.COM
Fri Apr 28 01:32:35 GMT 2000

I've almost got things working now- but when I click on my Linux box in
NEtwork Neighborhood- from Windows 98, I am prompted to enter a password.

The dialog box that pops up for password looks like this ..

Resource : \\machine name\IPC$
Password :

I've only got 2 users on my Linux box, Root, and one user account.
I have tried both passwords when I am promted from the windows machine, but
neither are accepted.

What is IPC$ - on the Linux box ?

What's going on here- why am I being prompted for passwords to access the
Linux exported diretory ?

thanks