[Fwd: Problems with 2.4.2 - msrpc redirect failed]

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Sat Apr 22 12:18:14 GMT 2000

On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 01:36:58AM +1000, Phil Mayers wrote:
[...]
> the specified  context for
> the reque
           ^^^
(your log seems to be truncated here, this can be a problem
for us helping you, but not in this case, just wanted to
note that)

[...]
> become_root_depth zero: saving 0 0 7 0x80b1258
> become_root: 0 0
> ncalrpc_l_use_add
> ncalrpc_l_find: samr [16967,66]
> ncalrpc_l_find[0]: NETLOGON [16967,65]

So a netlogon-rpc-connection from smbd to netlogon on
loopback worked, but samr not.

> unbecome_root: 0 0 7 0x80b1258
[...]
> I even tried ./configure.developer, putting a sleep() in after the
> fork(), attaching xxgdb to the child process and stepping through - it's
> definitely failing at that point.  ncalrpc_l_use_add is returning false
> because it isn't finding the pipe, and the reuse bool parameter is set
> to true.

I checked a little around for all this reuse-stuff, it's
more Lukes stuff, but it looks like reuse should be False,
so, please try this:
In rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c, round line 126:
Replace:
	m = ncalrpc_l_use_add(pipe_name, key, True, &is_new);
with:
	m = ncalrpc_l_use_add(pipe_name, key, False, &is_new);

I'm not going to change this in CVS, cause I don't know
enough about the reuse-stuff. So if this helps, it would be
nice, if you could inform Luke and me, so we/I can fix
this.

I can't test this currently, cause CVS does not compile
(and so I suggest not updating)

> Which raises another point - what's the best way of debugging Samba -
> the read-with-timeout means that my method doesn't work too well, and I
> don't fancy decoding debug logs, really.

I mostly put the debug level at 10 and read the logs a bit
and then read the code and then I'm going to try some
things out, including adding more DEBUG() and the like.

[...]
>    printcap name = /etc/printcap
>    load printers = yes

Does that mean, printers now actually work?

[...]
> [profiles]
>     path = /samba/profiles
>     browseable = no
>     guest ok = yes

I think, This share shouldn't need to be guest ok = yes.

    Elrond