2.0.7pre3 utmp freeze: slight thaw requested

David Lee T.D.Lee at durham.ac.uk
Fri Apr 14 15:18:28 GMT 2000

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> David Lee wrote:
>

> > Could I request a tiny, localised, thaw?  That is, to add the following
> > functionality:
> >    AC_CHECK_FUNCS(pututline pututxline updwtmp updwtmpx)
> > into "configure.in".
>
> I need to do a pre4 to check a bugfix in the NTLMSSP code
> that is broken for password changing from NT machines, so
> send me the patch asap and I'll get it into pre4.

I think the patch is simply:

====================== snip ======================
*** configure.in-       Tue Apr  4 17:35:25 2000
--- configure.in        Tue Apr 11 17:04:50 2000
***************
*** 761,766 ****
--- 761,768 ----
      AC_DEFINE(HAVE_UX_UT_SYSLEN)
  fi

+ AC_CHECK_FUNCS(pututline pututxline updwtmp updwtmpx)
+
  AC_CACHE_CHECK([for kernel oplock type definitions],samba_cv_HAVE_KERNEL_OPLOCKS,[
  AC_TRY_COMPILE([#include <sys/types.h>
  #include <fcntl.h>],
====================== snip ======================

followed by "autoconf" and "autoheader", isn't it?  (Or similar.)

Is anything else needed?  (I am no expert on autoconf!)

"acconfig.h" and "./include/config.h.in" appear to be rebuilt, along with
"configure", by autoconf and autoheader.  Then as an end-user, I just need
to rerun configure which puts entries such as "#define HAVE_PUTUTLINE 1"
into my "include/config.h".  Or have I overlooked something?

As I say, this is simply to prepare functionality for later development,
for the benefit of those good folk who aren't everyday users (or ever
users) of "autoconf".

Any idea of approximate timescales for release of "pre4" and (more
tentatively, I guess) the following release (official, pre5, whatever)?

[NB: I'll be away from the office until just after Easter.]

:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dcl0tdl            South Road            :