Problem persists

Kevin P. Fleming kfleming at access-laserpress.com
Tue Apr 11 23:31:19 GMT 2000

The waiting period can be eliminated by adding "nodelay" to the first module
in the pam.d file for samba. This causes the pam_pwdb.so module to not
insert a random 1-3 second delay after each failed password attempt (which
is a anti-hacking measure).

As far as Samba trying multiple passwords, it's going to do that, that's how
it's designed to work. You will get these messages in your log and there's
not much you can about it unless you want to restrict your users' passwords
to a form that matches Samba's first attempt, which I believe is all
uppercase.