BUG: Wide Links - does not work as documented

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Mon Apr 10 18:31:16 GMT 2000

Jani Jaakkola wrote:

> IMHO, This is the kind of thing which should be reported in bugtraq and
> would require a "security fix" notice in the release notes.

The code has always worked this way, so a documentation
update is more appropriate.

If the code had previously denied this, and now allowed
it then I would agree a security fix notice would be
appropriate.

When the code is changed to work the way you require, we
can change the documentation back.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.