samba-tng-alpha-2.2.tar.gz

David Collier-Brown - Sun Canada davecb at scot.canada.sun.com
Mon Apr 10 14:42:50 GMT 2000

| Originator: samba-technical at samba.org
| From: Michael Tokarev <mjt at tls.msk.ru>
| To: Multiple recipients of list SAMBA-TECHNICAL  <samba-technical at samba.org>
| Subject: Re: samba-tng-alpha-2.2.tar.gz
|
| David Allan Finch wrote:
| >
| > Attempted to build it on Solaris 8 with the following options:
| []
| > /usr/include/rpcsvc/nis.h:519: warning: `GROUP' redefined
| > /usr/include/sys/acl.h:26: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
| []
| > /usr/include/sys/acl.h
| > #define GROUP           (0x08)          /* additional groups */
| >
| > /usr/include/rpcsvc/nis.h
| > #define GROUP(a, m)     (((a) & ((m) << 8)) != 0)
|
| Huh. This sort of things should be directed to vendor (Solaris, i.e. Sun)
people.
| Sun _should_ fix this -- it is a bug in Solaris.
| Please complain to Sun if you can.

	I can do that, can you give me some more information?
	I'd like a customer who doesn't mind getting email,
	and Luke if he doesn't mind, and a little bit
	about using rpcsvc/nis.h and sys/acl.h in the
	same module: is the expected workaround NOT to
	include them both?

	acl.h is needed by acl(2), rpcsvc/nis.h by nis_names, etc
	and arguably you'd use them together to find file acl infouser info
	and then user info about the owner of the acl.

| > Also they is a class with GROUP_OBJ in /usr/include/rpcsvc/nis.h
| > and some where else in the Samba source.

	Sorry, I don't know TNG, can you expand on this one?

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown in Boston
Phone: (781) 442-0734, Room BUR03-3632