Release of 2.0.7 due soon.

David Lee T.D.Lee at durham.ac.uk
Fri Apr 7 08:11:46 GMT 2000

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, David Bonner wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 10:34:57AM +1000, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > 	2.0.7 looks ready to roll, code-wise. The remaining things
> > are to check the utmp pre3 patch to see if it works (I
> > still need feedback on that) and for the binary package
> > maintainers to fix the packaging scripts.
>
> Had to make two changes to get it to compile on my Slackware 7.0
> system.  Diff is below.  Both w and who worked fine, but last
> didn't show anything.  If you need me to, I can poke around and
> try to come up with exactly what needs changing.

Thanks.  There is an astonishing variety of utmp{,x} implementations out
there.  When 2.0.7 is released, it might be worth putting a note in the
smb.conf.5 "utmp" entry advising caution in using this new facility, and
inviting enthusiasts to debug it on their own systems.

> 364c364
> <       u->ut_time = timeval;
> ---
> >       u->ut_tv = timeval;
> 369c369
> <               pstrcpy(ut.ut_host, host);
> ---
> >               pstrcpy(u->ut_host, host);

Thanks.  Those two typos (my fault) are known and were addressed in
version ".2" of the patch, of which Jeremy has a copy.

:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dcl0tdl            South Road            :