Samba on Linux with no ACL's is making things tough

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue Apr 4 18:30:00 GMT 2000

Sander Striker wrote:

> I forwarded this to samba-technical and samba-ntdom because this
> issue is something someone is working on. I only can't remember
> who... Luke?
> This looks very promising.

This is something I'm working on at the moment in 2.0.x
and HEAD. The Linux trustee patch seems ok for the particular
problem, but doesn't allow Windows clients access to modify
ACLS for files that they own. To do that you need POSIX
ACL support - that's the API we'll be adding into Samba
2.0.8 and HEAD (and TNG with the merge going on).

Jeremy.