SAMBA_TNG: SIG_SEGV with long filename path

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Tue Apr 4 13:28:09 GMT 2000

Hi,

I just edited my dfs.c and applied your suggestions. I
typed make, and? It didn't compile anything.

Because: smbd/dfs.c isn't used anymore in the current
SAMBA_TNG.

Could you test this against current SAMBA_TNG again?

Thanks for you detailed description !

    Elrond

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 07:16:03AM +1000, Michael Braun wrote:
> I found a crash with a long filename path over 128 characters.
> The problem is in the latest version in the SAMBA_TNG branch (haven't
> checked
> the LATEST version in main).
> I located the problem in the file source/smbd/dfs.c in the function
> under_dfs. It can be fixed by using a pstring instead of fstring for
> the variable fullpath.
> Also the max_length in the call to the safe_strcpy is too long (should be
> sizeof(fullpath) - 1).
>
> Michael
>
> This is the log.smb reporting the crash (SIG_SEGV):
[...]