Samba 2.0.7pre2 readline patch

David Collier-Brown - Sun Canada davecb at scot.canada.sun.com
Sun Apr 2 20:23:58 GMT 2000

china at thewrittenword.com wrote:
| > If you add -lncurses or -ltermcap or something to LIBS and add -lreadline
| > also, _all_ executables will depend on it and will load all this on startup.
| > I already suggested to create another variable, e.g. "TERMLIBS",
| > and add all this to here, not to LIBS/LDFLAGS.
|
| How so? Are you saying if a library is linked in but the linker resolves
| no symbols in the library it will be a dependency?

	Yes, in a shared-library world.  Some systems will
	include it, thinking that you must be doing something
	wierd, but wanting to obey your request. (A very "unix"
	kind of thing to do).

	I think this includes Solaris, where the library would
	be mapped into the address space and all data variables
	memcopy'd to initialize them.

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown in Boston