More utmp stuff

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Sat Apr 1 18:22:40 GMT 2000

(going through my old mail...)

On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 10:20:17AM +1100, Tim Potter wrote:
[...]
> The utmp (and now perhaps wtmp) stuff could be very useful for
> other people as well.  Does breaking the code out into
> a separate package univeral utmp and wtmp library make sense?

I don't know, if the "market" is that large, as you see
from my example, there are currently not many packages,
that need this feature... but maybe others would start to
use that feature more...

> Perhaps some autoconf macros and Makefile fragments to make it
> easier to have it work on any system and be integrated easily.

Yeah. I think, it's currently too much work to make a
standalone package for it, but it would of course be nice,
if the utmp-code would be easy to extract from samba.

Like: Grab utmp.c, utmp.h, some snippet from aclocal.m4 and
acconfig.h and you are mostly done.

> Tim.

    Elrond