RESENDING: NT vs Samba file timestamp issue

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Wed Sep 29 23:37:16 GMT 1999

Paul Heinz wrote:

> We also have the problem of the timestamp being set via the
> trans2::SMB_SET_FILE_BASIC_INFO  call being incorrect when performing simple
> NT COPY commands or copying via Explorer.

What *exactly* do you mean by "incorrect". What time values
are being stored in which timestamp. What I need is what timestamp
values are stored on the NT client, and what you expect to see
on the Samba server, and what you do see.

> We have applied the MIN vs MAX patch that was mentioned on the Samba digest
> but this does not appear to fix the problem, rather it just gives different
> wrong results.

Can you be more specific please. The MIN vs. MAX change fixed
the issues brought up by at least one Samba admin.

> The timestamp code in trans2.c looks like a pretty complex code path with
> the MIN/MAX, pending_modtime and NIL timestamp workarounds and I'm left
> wondering if the correct timestamp to apply at pending_modtime is not
> getting 'lost'...

I need more info on what you expect to happen before I
can look for the bug.

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.