Error messages for share problems

Frank van Maarseveen fvm at tasking.nl
Wed Sep 29 07:26:49 GMT 1999

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 01:42:30PM +1000, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> and returning ERRinvdev (07) generates the following message in Win95.
>
>      The network resource type is not correct.
>
> Not sure if this is an easier message to deal with than the not-found one.
If it's not obviously better then the change might confuse more peope then
it helps others. If it is really important then you could consider sending
an automated popup with an explanation. I haven't studied this but I think
it is feasible (IMHO it's ugly but it might turn out to be useful in some
cases).

Just dropping my two cents.

--
Frank