Error messages for share problems

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Sep 29 05:21:14 GMT 1999

Hi,

With respect to the two problems I mentioned:

1. running root preexec too early, my thinking cap was not on.

2. Error codes ...

   I have checked out different error codes (mkstemp and a few fiddles made
it quicker),

and returning ERRinvdev (07) generates the following message in Win95.

     The network resource type is not correct.

Not sure if this is an easier message to deal with than the not-found one.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course