not very impressed.

betterformat betterformat at astea.com.au
Wed Sep 29 03:21:41 GMT 1999

Jerry,

> see http://samba.org/listproc for information on
> subscribing/unsubscribing.

thank you I will look this up in due course.

> Sorry to notice the slight discontent in you mail.

more surprised than anything, usually reasonable
queries are met with reasonable answers and/or
suggestions.....

> I searched the
> archives and found you original post.  Can't help
> though since I don't have access to an HPUX machine.
> Which compiler are you using?

# ./configure
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) no
checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) yes

does this help clarify what's happening?

> I'm assuming a search
> through the list archives didn't turn anything up.

thanks for making that assumption because I did look and
no I really couldn't find anything relavent......

> All the samba list have an incredibly high volume
> of traffic which can be very difficult to keep up with
> at times.

I have been watching this list for about a week now and I really
haven't noted that much traffic. Though I haven't suscribed to
any other lists hence my asking whether a different list would
be a better place for my issue......

Thank you again for your response, it's the only interaction I've
recieved from samba-technical at samba.org in a week.....

Regards,
Leo