Bad error code from Samba: Invalid System Name

William Stuart william at hae.com
Tue Sep 28 23:52:26 GMT 1999

Modest suggestions...

Since I believe this can never happen in NT...

1) Share does not exist when directory does not exist...i.e. don't
advertize the share if the directory is not there and make a log
entry...

2) (may be hard to code) When the user opens the share, have a single
file with the name "Directory does not exist" in it.  This is a dummy
file invented by SAMBA of course.  (if you really want to get fancy,
make it a .txt file, that when opened says, "Tell your clueless admin
that he is sharing a non-existant directory!")

3) Lock up the UNIX box with a BSOD...oh wait...this isn't NT.

William

--
William Stuart (william at hae.com)
"Don't rush me sonny, you rush a Miracle Man you get rotten miracles"